CME questions (circle the correct answer)
To take this test online and claim credit, go to bit.ly/29BmGSU or complete the test below and fax, mail, or email it in.
What does the data say? Safety, efficacy, and clinical
outcomes of laser-assisted cataract surgery
1. According to Dr. Trattler, in patients with _________ surgeons may prefer to use manual cataract surgery rather than LACS.
a. Dense cataracts
c. Multifocal IOLs
d. Very soft posterior capsular cataracts
2. In a meta-analysis by Chen et al., discussed by Dr. Garg, patients who had LACS had _________ after surgery compared with those
treated with standard surgery.
a. Significantly less endothelial cell loss
b. Greater corneal thickness
c. Greater effective phacoemulsification time
d. Greater mean absolute error
3. According to Dr. Donnenfeld, the femtosecond laser enables surgeons to create reverse side cuts, which ___________.
a. Allow surgeons to create longer incisions
b. Are more self-sealing
c. Require more ultrasound energy
d. Reduce endothelial cell loss
4. According to Dr. Weinstock, a growing body of literature is validating that the femtosecond laser is ideal to manage astigmatism in
a. With less than 1.25 D of astigmatism
b. With small pupils
c. With more than 2.25 D of astigmatism
d. With more than 3.25 D of astigmatism
5. According to Dr. Solomon, if patients are dissatisfied with their outcomes after cataract surgery, the first task is to:
a. Implant a piggyback lens
b. Reposition the IOL
c. Determine the cause of the residual error
d. Perform LASIK
Copyright 2016 ASCRS Ophthalmic Corporation. All rights reserved. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those
of the editor, editorial board, or the publisher, and in no way imply endorsement by EyeWorld or ASCRS.
To claim credit, please fax the test and fully completed form by February 28, 2017 to 703-547-8842, email to
GPearson@ascrs.org, or mail to: EyeWorld, 4000 Legato Road, Suite 700, Fairfax, VA 22033, Attn: August 2016 LACS Monograph
ASCRS Member ID (optional):
City, State, Zip, Country:
Please print email address legibly, as CME certificate will be emailed to the address provided.